SOLVED Windows 10 no response after updating.

Reaction score
Just down loaded and installed Windows 10 on another desk top Pc. Says welcome to windows 10 and has a box to type my security password. I type my password and nothing happens, and that is after I click on next on the lower center right of the screen. Any help will be welcomed

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Rocky,

Does your Desktop have any USB devices currently plugged in? WiFi device? External Storage device etcetera?

If it does, some users found disconnecting these devices then rebooting computer resolved the frozen login page issue. Once it has booted fully to Desktop allow time for a few more background processes to complete.

For me those background processes took around 10 minutes and at that stage the System icons I expected to see on bottom right corner of taskbar appeared and were active.

At that time you ought to be able to connect your devices and allow Windows to detect them and from then on they ought not give any further trouble.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Rocky,

Does your Desktop have any USB devices currently plugged in? WiFi device? External Storage device etcetera?

If it does, some users found disconnecting these devices then rebooting computer resolved the frozen login page issue. Once it has booted fully to Desktop allow time for a few more background processes to complete.

For me those background processes took around 10 minutes and at that stage the System icons I expected to see on bottom right corner of taskbar appeared and were active.

At that time you ought to be able to connect your devices and allow Windows to detect them and from then on they ought not give any further trouble.

Regards,

Regedit32
Thanks for the help Regedit! That helped out good. And was able to continue on, Now the only thing I have to do now is get my wifi and other devices working again. Some how I might have to reinstall my drivers. You have been a great help and I thank you very much!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Regedit! That helped out good. And was able to continue on, Now the only thing I have to do now is get my wifi and other devices working again. Some how I might have to reinstall my drivers. You have been a great help and I thank you very much!

Hi Rocky,

Glad to here you got past your initial issue with the Logon page.

Once those system icons appear in bottom right corner of taskbar, and you reconnect your USB devices you ought to be able to update the drivers via Device Manager.
  • Press Winkey + X
  • Press M key or with mouse select Device manager
  • From there select the device you are wanting to install or update drivers for then:
    • Double-click device
    • Click Driver tab
    • Click Update Driver button
    • In your case as its an upgrade to Windows 10 you ought to be able to choose the second option:
      • Browse my computer for driver software
    • Follow prompts from there

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question