Windows 10 not showing Anniversary Update

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had Windows 10 since the first day it was released, but I still don't have the Anniversary update. I have force Windows Update to check several times per day, but nothing new is appearing. Is this normal? I have run the Windows Update troubleshooting tool and no problems are found.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
The update is nothing special, don't worry about it. It will arrive in due time. As BigFeet mentioned back up your files now and create a manual Restore Point.

Reaction score
In addition to the link you were given you might go to Settings-Update&Security and click on the Learn More option. It should bring up a list of current updates you can check. If you system has not received some updates or you never moved to 1511 the Anniversary update may be delayed because of that.

Reaction score
I'm grateful for all the helpful replies. I followed the link that BigFeet provided and I'm now happily running the new upgraded Windows 10.

You guys are great!

Reaction score
I show that I have updates 1511 and also 1607. Is this the anniversary update? I don't see anything different in Win 10. For instance my start window has not changed. I still have to select "all apps".

Reaction score
Yep, 1607 is it. Just go to Settings, System, About and you should see the version you are on. 1607 and 14393.105 is the current version as of Sept 11.

Reaction score
This is strange, when I go to where you suggest I find that I have Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 so then I don't have the update.

Reaction score
So from what I see there I do have the latest update for Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545.

What then has me confused is it had been said that one feature of the update was that the "All Apps" selection on the Start window would be removed and all apps would appear directly. I do not have this.

Ask a Question