SOLVED Windows 10 printing error / Photoshop printing problem

Reaction score
I want to share the solution I found after many hours of work to solve the problem with windows 10 x64 pro printing with photoshop and microsoft word, excel crash
I saw many people have this issue, I hope I can help them all. I'd like to hear from you guys if the solution I adopted is fine.

I encountered this issue after the windows 10 september/october 2019 update (I don't know if the update was the problem or files got corrupted anyway...) and especially photoshop can't print and crashes.

I opened Windows Event Viewer and selected on the left "Event Viewer (Local)", then in the central part "Application Error", there you can find the latest photoshop, word, excel error, printing errors.

My problem was related to: jscript.dll and msvcrt.dll

After hours of trying I copied those files from a Windows 10 pro (pre-september 2019 update) virtual installation in VmWare (for newbyes this is a virtualization software you can download and try it) and pasted them in the system32 folder (search for the solution to change folder permissions to paste/modify files in the system folder), if after modyfing the folder permissions you aren't allowed to paste the files, rename the ones already in the system32 folder and now rename and paste the new ones, rename the new ones like the old ones.

DONE! NOW YOU SOLVED THE ERROR, PROBLEM OF PHOTOSHOP, WORD, EXCEL CAN'T PRINT, CRASHES IN WINDOWS 10!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
it still works for me no more app crashes but wifi-direct printing doesn't work, printer only works via usb

microsoft is screwing up a lot and seriously lately...

Ask a Question