Windows 10 refuses to reset.

Reaction score
Okay guys, this is bugging the absolute hell out of me.
So my Lenovo PC with Windows 10 was reset not too long ago (where you wipe everything but your personal files). I then had a bad download when I came back on, which has just destroyed my PC/Internet.

I now have an ugly streak of pop ups due to a bad download, and that issue where you click on something as simple as a email and like 2 separate tabs open up. Frequently, I'll even get audible ads from unknown sources when no Internet tabs are open.

So anyway, I wanted to reset it again, and the problem now is that when the PC is in the process of doing so, it stops at like 17% and brings me back to my home screen with an error message saying, "Problem resetting PC, no changes were made" with only the option to close the error box.

That's it. No further help from Windows. If any of you were willing to help me solve this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Reaction score
You need to do a clean install. Download the media creation tool, and burn to DVD or thumb drive. The virus/malware may be preventing you from doing a reset. The best way to recover completely from a virus/malware is to do a clean install.

Reaction score
Backup your personal files to a disk or external hard drive. Then reinstall Windows 10.

Assuming your Windows 10 is activated.
Use this link to download the Media Creation Tool. Make sure you pick the correct bit version.
Then Run the Tool....................
1. you can just select Upgrade this PC now
or
2. select Create installation media for another PC and download the ISO to your computer. You can burn the iso file to a bootable media, such as DVD or USB.
You can then use the DVD or USB to install, or
you can just go to the ISO file > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
Activation will be automatic.

Reaction score
You need to do a clean install. Download the media creation tool, and burn to DVD or thumb drive. The virus/malware may be preventing you from doing a reset. The best way to recover completely from a virus/malware is to do a clean install.

So pretty much, I need to save my personal files on a USB (since mine has no disk drive), and then use the creation tool? I think the option is open to me to reinstall windows 10 if that'll work too.

Reaction score
Yes, once you have Windows 10 installed and activated, you are open to reinstall Win 10 anytime you want, as often as you want.

That is why I gave you the link to reinstall.

Ask a Question