Windows 10 refuses to upgrade over Windows 7 SP1

Reaction score
I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 but the system refuses to upgrade as it says "CPU isn't supported".

I am using Pentium Dual Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00 Ghz

What may be wrong?

Ekendra

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your CPU should work just fine. The E5700 is normally clocked at 3.0 GHz.
Do you have yours overclocked maybe? You state 34.00 GHz, but that's a typo for sure.

The update may be persnickety and not like an overclocked CPU.

Reaction score
Sorry.. Yes. That was a typo!

In another Forum I was asked to "Try enabling Execute disable bit in bios". It was enabled
Not sure where the problem lies!!

Reaction score
My upgrade came through & I requested install Screen says "working on it" but has stayed at that for over 2 hours?
This is on my laptop HP with SSD So cancelled & went back to windows icon & asked again to Continue This time looks like a go as I got a great lets get started message

Reaction score
I had some real bad luck with installing this. One, a formerly Vista computer running Windows 7 upgraded just fine, the other three all coughed and choked on the internet download. So what worked just fine, made a media disk on a USB stick, installed from that, all three non working computers, wonderfull. All went well.

Reaction score
Most likely in your bios. Since they are all different, you may have to hunt around for it, or find a manual on your specific motherboard.

Reaction score
Checked the BIOS and it would seem that NX facility is NOT available.
Only option I guess is to upgrade the CPU to a i5 (expensive) or find a way to flash BIOS

Reaction score
The CPU supports NX. You may need to flash your bios. And you're right, upgrading to an i series would be a bit expensive, since you would need a new motherboard.

Ask a Question