Windows 10 Update KB3194798 refuses to work

Reaction score
My computer tells me it wants to apply cumulative update to 1607 - (KB3194798)

It restarts my computer in 2 stages - first up to about 30% then restarts again and then configures up to 100%

It then decides something went wrong and takes just as long to undo changes .

Then when I go to turn off computer it starts the same process again and fails.

how do I stop computer going into these loops? How do I say I dont want the update?

Reaction score
Hi,
You could also try the steps found at this Microsoft site to restore or reset your PC.

Review " Use installation media to restore or reset your PC".

"1607" must not like something installed on your PC. The installation media you will download should be the latest version.

You can always try a clean install if you have backed up data and don't mind rebuilding your system. A clean install will sometimes succeed when an upgrade fails.

Jaco

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's no way to stop updates. Go to the Windows Update Catalogue and download the update from there and see if it installs correctly. The Update Catalogue site only works with IE.

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx
You can defer updates for one month when running W 10 pro.
I have mine set to notify me about any updates one week after they are released to give M. S. time to hopefully get them sorted.;)

Ask a Question