SOLVED WIndows 10 services say no internet, but Google Chrome & Windows update can connect

Reaction score
I just updated my Acer Aspire one 722 from Win 7 Basic to Windows 10. My Google Chrome connects to the internet, and Windows updater connect (2 updates so far). But Mail, MS Edge, Cortana, Store will not connect.

Mail will not let me add an account. I get the message, "You need the internet for this."
MS Edge will not connect. I get the message, "Hmm, can't reach this page."
Cortana will not connect. I get the message, "Something went wrong."
Store will not connect. I get the message, "The server stumbled..."

I have Google Chrome installed and it connects fine. Also, Adobe Reader accessed and updated.

I have reset my winsock, and ivp4 reset. catalog, and ipv6 reset catalog in DOS at NETSH.

Dont know what else to do. Need help, dont want to go back to Win7.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Installed Windows 10 yesterday, have access to the internet through Chrome and Firefox but most no access to most of the Windows 10 apps . Edge doesn't connect with a few exceptions - connects to Bing, MSN but not to most of the internet sites, can't get to outlook.com, etc. doesn't connect to Windows store, hangs on Cortana, calendar, etc.

Reaction score
I got my answer from the microsoft community. Here is a clip:

"It seems that fixing this internet connection issue should fix your remaining issues as well.

Do you use Proxy server?

If you have enabled proxy on the Computer, you'll not be able to connect to Microsoft Account. Hence, we suggest you to disable proxy on your Computer and check if it helps. Refer to the following steps to do the same:

1. To open Internet Options, type "inetcpl.cpl" in Run window which can be opened by pressing the Windows key and R key together.

2. You can do this underLAN Settings in Connections Tab under Internet Options.

3. Uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN". Also make sure that "Automatically detect settings" is checked.

Did you update the Network drivers after upgrading to Windows 10? If not, then I suggest that you do it through

Device Manager."

Reaction score
Been dealing with this for several months. As soon as you uncheck it in LAN settings, go out of internet, come back in, it is checked again. Circle I can't get out of. I also get the message about Edge so I quit using it.

Ask a Question