SOLVED Windows 10 Start menu is no longer appearing.

Reaction score
I have a new laptop with a Windows 10 that has been up-dated. Suddenly, while I was creating a Rescue disk, my cat walked on the keys. Sigh. Actually, I also lost access to the Action Center. Any ideas about what happened or how to fix the problems? Thanks, ceemes

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Ceemes,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you Action Center is missing from the bottom right section of Taskbar (the System Icons Tray) then to get it back do the following:
  1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Settings
  2. In the Settings windows which opens scroll down and click on Turn system icons on or off
  3. Towards bottom of list of icons that appears toggle on the Action Center
Note: If your Taskbar is also missing then Press the Winkey and S keys together to open the Search bar and type Taskbar settings then press Enter key, then continue with steps 2 & 3. At step 2 before scrolling down, Toggle on Lock the taskbar, then further down select location to display Taskbar before moving to step 3.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. The problem resolved itself . . . when my cat walked on the keys again. (Don't ask.)
Thanks,
ceemes

Ask a Question