Windows 10 - Sudden Crash 20%

Reaction score
Using Asus A555l and windows 10 in it with latest security updates. Till that time never faced any such issue, but while working on my laptop suddenly the screen goes black and then after 5-6sec starting repairing automatically showing a black screen and crashed something was written with a black background. Any idea what can be the cases?

With Regards,
Protar Smith

Reaction score
To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps me in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.
  1. Type settings in search and click on Settings.

2. Click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

4. Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

5. If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.

6. Tap or click Startup Settings.

7. Tap or click Restart.

8. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.

9. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
Let me know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Or you may try out MiniTool ShadowMaker to see if it works to the issue.
Read the article: https://www.partitionwizard.com/clone-disk/windows-10-reset-stuck.html

Reaction score
Thanks, did not know this definitely, will surely try this out and let's see.

With Regards,
Protar

Ask a Question