Windows 10 Tech Support and Refund stilling my money

Reaction score
I purchased windows 10 upgrade and run into so my problems installing it for the get go. Every time I asked for a refund they would transfer me to tech support who would restart the computer, get disconnected and did not bother to contact me back to help. I kid you not I have contacted about 20 people if not more and spoke to 3 manager supposedly who did nothing. At one point one of their tech support employee started looking at my PERSONAL PHOTOS violating my privacy instead of doing their job. Now way passed the "30" (they all change the return policy every time I asked. They would tell me I have 30 days, another 45 days and today 90 days) day policy. Microsoft employees do not follow the promised policy but they expect customer to obey their "policy." on 3/23/2017 I called again to get my money back and they say that another manager will call me back and it is 3/27/2017 I am yet to get a call. I contacted them AGAIN and got the response below. Again no product or service given to me and but they are GLADLY KEEPING my hardworking money. I have never been so disappointed in my entire life.

Alfred B
End Chat Provide Feedback

Hello Miriam!
I'm Microsoft's new virtual support agent. Describe your problem and I'll look for the best solution. You can also ask to talk to a person at any time.
windows 10
Okay, you're looking for some info on Windows 10. What would you like to do?
Upgrade to Windows 10
Which version of Windows are you currently running?
Windows 8.1
How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
If your PC is running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can buy a full version of Windows 10 and choose to either upgrade your current version of Windows or perform a clean installation.
Windows 10 is also available by buying a new device.
Note: The Windows 10 free upgrade through the Get Windows 10 (GWX) app ended on July 29, 2016.
Learn more about upgrading to Windows 10
Was this helpful?
Hope that helped. If not, please feel free to rephrase your question or you can talk to a person.
Talk to a person
Agent Image
Bhavana D has joined the chat
Microsoft Answer Tech
Thanks for contacting Microsoft support, my name is Bhavana D. Please allow me a few moments while I review the information you provided.
is there anyway that you can connect me with the person who game this thicket number 1379555214
As I understand you want to upgrade to Windows 10. Am I right?
is there anyway that you can connect me with the person who game this thicket number 1379555214?
Sorry, but we do not have an option to do that.
ok I need to get my money refund because apparently no one can help me
May I know if you want to get refund for Windows 10 purchase?
can I get your corporate phone number and your complaint department please
yes windows 10
I realize how important this is for you, I will try my best to assist you with it today.

May I know your contact number for documentation purpose, please?
no on Friday Ashish S told me that a manager was going to contact me, its Monday and no one has contacted me and I am tired of waitiong
May I know what issues you are facing?
I had no idea you guys treated your customers so unprofessional, rude and dishonest
I did you not I talk to about 20 people and no one can help and I am tired of repeating myself over and over again
can I get your corporate phone number and your complaint department please? Thank you!
I see that there is some issues to install Windows 10.
Can you please provide me with this information?
can I get your corporate phone number and your complaint department please? Thank you!
Please give me a while.
Thank you
Is it okay if I help you get the refund.
?*
yes
Thank you.
I will now transfer the chat to accounts and billing department.
So that they will help you with the Refund.
Is that okay?
the thing is that I already contacted them and they won't help either.
just in case I still would like to have your corporate phone number and your complaint department please?
I really understand the concern.
I am going to do my best to make sure you receive all the help you need.
i will help you with the link where you can post the complaints and querie.
queries*
Ok please just know that I am going to document all of this conversation for my recors
yes
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/phishing-scams.aspx
this is the scam department
I dont need the scam department
Okay.
Please post your querires on answers.microsoft.com
And may i transfer the chat?
no that is not what I need
So that you will get the assistance for refund.
I have informed the team.
yes
Thank you.
I will transfer the chat now.
ok
Agent Transfer
Agent ImageAgent transfer iconAgent Image
You are now connected to Alfred B
Microsoft Answer Tech
Hi Miriam, This is Alfred of Accounts and Billing.
hello
I heard the you want a refund for the order WINDOWS 10 HOME amounting to $116.90. Is that correct?
yes
Okay, Since this is a technical issue, I will process a refund for the order WINDOWS 10 HOME amounting to $116.90
Please give me 2-3 minutes to process it for you and will notify you once I'm done.
ok
I will be here waiting
Let me check the status of the order.
ok
I just want to give you heads up that all purchases are final and non-refundable. However, I will check what are the best options that we have here since you one of our valued customer here at Microsoft.
I did not know all purchases were final
Please bear with me. I assure you that I will provide you the best option that we have.
but ok thank
ok
Can you provide me you preferred email so that I can send you the follow up email with regards to this concern.
No worries, I will coordinate with our higher level of support for us to provide you the best option that you deserve.
(e-mail address removed)
all I want is my money back
Thank you for that information, I really do understand. That is why I want this issue to be resolve as much as you do.
Please expect the email with 2-3 hours after this chat.
ok thank you
Also take note of this case number with regards to this incident: 1380032963
Please do have a great day Miriam.
ok
wait
is my money going to be refunded
?
We will work on that, rest assured that we will do our best to provide you the best option that we have.
Please wait for the follow up email.
what is the purpose of talking to 2 people to add to my long list if I am still not getting any help.
Actually, the purchase is beyond the refund period of 90 days. That is why the system is not allowing me process the refund.
That is also the reason why I will coordinate with our higher level of support for us to provide you the best option to this concern.
Ill wait here until you talk to whomever you need to in order to get me my money back I am seriously just feed up, sick and tired of every single employee of Microsoft. No one helps and keep on transferring on, on and on to other people that will not help also.
What is wrong with you people. This is the saddest online purchase I have ever had. I never again want to ever do bossiness with you.
every time I contacted you to get my refund they tell me that instead they would help me in TECH SUPPORT and tech support can figure this our either. Now is way pas over 90 day and TECH SUPPORT WONT HELP AND NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME YOU WONT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.
I really do understand where are you coming from, that is why I'm sorting things out for us to provide you the best option that we have.
I am a student, and full time employee who WORK HARD FOR HER MONEY for your you to just take form me. I am not getting a PRODUCT OR A SERVICE BUT YOU HAPPILY TAKING MY MONEY. WHAT A SHAME.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Miriam.

Based on your initial allegations re Tech viewing personal files, I am left wondering have you actually contacted Microsoft, or instead contacted someone pretending to work for Microsoft. The latter seems more likely as I cannot think of any reason for someone in Microsoft to be team viewing your System in the first place given their usual methods to resolve issues is to instruct you via email how to gather data and send it to them for analysis.

As this Forum is not affiliated with Microsoft per se, there is nothing we can do to get your refund; however, there is plenty we can do to help you get your computer functioning properly and securely.

Would you be able to post details as to precisely what is not working for you, and also let us know what Edition and Build of Windows 10 you are using?

Editions include, Home, Professional, Enterprise

The latest build is 14393.969

You can get this information by right-clicking on Start, then selecting Run and in the run dialog type winver then click OK

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
"my Allegation?" are insulting my intelligence? I would love to give you every single persons name and case number if you like to. I contacted Microsoft website to obtain tech support, and 1-877-MY-MS-STORE (1-877-696-7786) for your information. I am not doing allegations this are facts. This is not only insulting, disrespectful and unprofessional but also aggravating to my persona. How dare YOU making ALLEGATIONS AGAINST ME! I will gather every single time I contacted Microsoft and will throw that on your face so you can feel how I am feeling by YOUR ALLEGATIONS on this post. I after being insulted by you and Microsoft staff. I am just going to your local Microsoft store hold a sign with my purchase invoice and show people the rest of the iceberg.

Have a great day sir/ma'am! Thank you for making my day a wonderful day with this response, and opinion!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This is not only insulting, disrespectful and unprofessional but also aggravating
I'm certain that no such insult was intended.
It's just that we hear of many such instances where folks have been scammed by entities that prey on unsuspecting computer users. The current environment with Windows 10 is rife with claims such as yours where individuals might have not realized (until too late) that they were not actually communicating with real Microsoft representatives but some third party looking to cash in on someone's misfortune and lack of expertise in dealing with these problems.
there is plenty we can do to help you get your computer functioning properly and securely.
Would you be able to post details as to precisely what is not working for you, and also let us know what Edition and Build of Windows 10 you are using?
There was, what I believe to have been, a sincere offer of assistance and I would simply echo that offer.
IF you need help (which is what we do here), please ask and we will do our best to provide that.
IF your goal was to simply rant..... we appreciate that and accept it as offered.
Mission accomplished.
Regards
Randy.

Ask a Question