How to install Regular Windows 10 over Windows 10 Technicle Preview

Reaction score
I have been running Windows 8 on one of my Laptops as well as Windows 10 Technical Preview on another Laptop and my Desktop. I use the Laptop running Windows 8 as my day-to-day system and have been using my Desktop to assure my day-to-day apps work as expected.

I am now satisfied and world like to upgrade to the Official Windows 10 on my Desktop but for the time being lese one Laptop running the Technical Preview and the other, Windows 8, for the time being. Is there an upgrade path for this?

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Chances are that if you have a computer, which is participating in the Insider Preview Program and receiving and installing Insider Preview releases, then you are likely on the latest Redstone preview releases, as there are no more Insider Preview Releases for the Threshold program.
As far as I know there is no direct path for installing the free upgrade (build 10586) over top of, say for instance build 14279.
I suppose you could try, but I'd certainly make sure that I had all critical data backed up and a disk image to fall back on if it went south.

My expectation is that when Redstone (first wave) goes public in July that those of us participating in the Insider Preview Program will automatically be converted to that release, similar to what happened back in July of last year.
Although that's just me guessing, as I've seen no definitive explanation of what exactly will happen and with the Redstone second wave release having been pushed to 2017, I'm expecting the Insider Program to continue.

Ask a Question