Windows 10 ugrade stuck

Reaction score
I am trying to install Windows 10 on an Acer Apire7741z-4815 laptop and it cleared first screen of checking for updates and is on second screen Getting updates and stayed at 0% for several hours and is now stuck at 22% for 2 hours. Will it continue?Is it safe to close it and restart install another time? From start it has been 7 hours and 15 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Maybe be patient, let it continue eg overnight.....then make a decision if still frozen.

Reaction score
Adamjohnson
I updated my daughters Acer Aspire Laptop to win 10 Home just last week. I experienced exactly the same issues you describe. I disabled my anti virus program and malwarebyes. Started the upgrade again and it installed perfectly. Win 10 is working fine no problems or glitches whatsoever.

Reaction score
I am trying to install Windows 10 on an Acer Apire7741z-4815 laptop and it cleared first screen of checking for updates and is on second screen Getting updates and stayed at 0% for several hours and is now stuck at 22% for 2 hours. Will it continue?Is it safe to close it and restart install another time? From start it has been 7 hours and 15 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Adam,

I had this happen too. You may already know this. Emptying out the Windows Update Cache did it for me. It is located at %windir%\softwaredistribution and re-initiating the win 10 download from Windows update did it for me. Check out http://www.howtogeek.com/247380/how-to-fix-windows-update-when-it-gets-stuck/ for step by step instructions on how to do this. If you run into any issues with ownership, someone has nicely packaged up a the appropriate registry entries. search for TakeOwership. It comes with 2 .reg files. One to install a right-click content menu entry. and one to un-install it. To be on the safe side, I opened each file in notepad to ensure their contents. Cheers! Allan

Ask a Question