Windows 10 upgrade offer now has no Cancel option

Reaction score
Here is another round of aggressive attempts from Microsoft to push Windows 10 on every Windows 7 and Windows 8 user. They are very anxious to move everyone to Windows 10 as soon as possible. There are a number of tricks the company is using to make the user install Windows 10. They are showing nags, annoyingly downloading it silently and hiding options to ignore the prompts. Now the Windows 10 upgrade offer has no obvious Cancel button although you might still be able to ignore it.

Since last Sunday, the Windows 10 upgrade offer prompt was updated and the button to cancel the upgrade disappeared. Here is how it looks now:

Windows-10-upgrade-offer-no-cancel-600x390.jpg

There is no cancel button, only "Upgrade now" and "Upgrade tonight". The only way to avoid it is to use the tiny red "Close" button in the top right.

Source

I have formally and completely removed myself from the insiders program. I refuse to have my name involved in such a sneaky underhanded company.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Windows XP ($40) is still available and no way you will be forced to change to Windows 10. Heres a link;

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Windows-Professional-Version-2002/dp/B009SEYM7Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_65_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51CWTp4qRTL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=15M2DTNS7WYJSQG4R99C

Of course Linux is another option. And the best one if you seriously want no part of Microsoft.
The latest Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa free download is here:

http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

I have a copy of XP still shrink wraped and more Distro's than you can throw a stick at. I am however, not stupid enough to use XP when I can back to Win 7 Pro anytime I feels like it. I never have trusted M$ and now they have lost all credibility with me. I unlike most Windows 10 users an not a fanboy of Microsoft. They produce a pieces of software that permits me to use other applications and a pathway to the not, not through Edge or that other wasted program. I have zero use for their apps or their fugly start menu.
Windows 10 Pro works just fine for me with some minor alterations but it should not be forced upon anyone. Most users live in a free world that gives them a choice.

Reaction score
Yup, first thing I do is unpin all (all) the apps, load chrome/gmail, turn off Cortana , disable all notifications, turn off the "popular news" I have a couple of apps but I would remove (95%) of the all apps list if I could. And every time they load stuff back I immediately remove it. It is just too bad that there is no competition which could produce an operating system which worked as good but without the garbage.

Reaction score
Yup, first thing I do is unpin all (all) the apps, load chrome/gmail, turn off Cortana , disable all notifications, turn off the "popular news" I have a couple of apps but I would remove (95%) of the all apps list if I could. And every time they load stuff back I immediately remove it. It is just too bad that there is no competition which could produce an operating system which worked as good but without the garbage.

It is possible to remove every app including the store but I do not know how MS would react to this. May stop updates..Who knows??

Reaction score
sorry my English I am using a translator.
unless you want to have the request to upgrade to Windows 10, you do not have to install the following updates: Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2976978)
Upgrade. x have win 10 KB3035583
if you do not install these updates, there will be nothing chieesto win 7-8 - 8.1

Ask a Question