SOLVED Windows 10 disappeared after upgrade sequence

Reaction score
I accepted windows 10 upgrade request which duly ran. Thereafter I tried to login and can't. I can reach the login window which accepts my password . . But then nothing but as series of panels. I'm posting this from my tablet.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But then nothing but as series of panels.
Can you explain what you mean by "series of panels"??
We will need a sense of what you are actually seeing.
Perhaps use your tablet to shoot an image of your computer monitor and attach it to your next post would be helpful.

Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by "series of panels"??
We will need a sense of what you are actually seeing.
Perhaps use your tablet to shoot an image of your computer monitor and attach it to your next post would be helpful.
I took several images. When I try to attach one image, it says its to large. ,Please tell mehow to zip it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Most images are already produced in a compressed format and zipping them will not usually create a file size much smaller.
Your best bet, if you have the images already and they are of reasonably good quality for viewing then you can upload them to your OneDrive or Google Drive and share a link to them.
Otherwise you might try reducing the quality DPI on whatever device you are using to capture the images to produce a file size smaller than 1 meg.
It's a balance between getting an image of sufficient quality combined with a size (dimension) that is suitable for us to see what you are seeing.

Reaction score
Microsoft has put up a sticky on the Microsoft community forum regarding certain problems with getting back into your system after an update. It seems related to Avast but you might have a look to see if anything looks familiar. The process may help even if you are not seeing this exact same thing. If you need help with something, let us know.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...a-choose/8ff0d933-8819-4945-9f0c-17ac854400e2

Reaction score
Most images are already produced in a compressed format and zipping them will not usually create a file size much smaller.
Your best bet, if you have the images already and they are of reasonably good quality for viewing then you can upload them to your OneDrive or Google Drive and share a link to them.
Otherwise you might try reducing the quality DPI on whatever device you are using to capture the images to produce a file size smaller than 1 meg.
It's a balance between getting an image of sufficient quality combined with a size (dimension) that is suitable for us to see what you are seeing.
Microsoft has put up a sticky on the Microsoft community forum regarding certain problems with getting back into your system after an update. It seems related to Avast but you might have a look to see if anything looks familiar. The process may help even if you are not seeing this exact same thing. If you need help with something, let us know.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...a-choose/8ff0d933-8819-4945-9f0c-17ac854400e2
Thank you. I reach command prompt, then the following appears:
microsoft window [version 10.0.17.17134.1].
Not enough memory resources are available to process this command
X:\windows\system32>
Therefore I am unable to proceed further with the suggested sequence
Your further guidance please. Thank you

Reaction score
I accepted windows 10 upgrade request which duly ran. Thereafter I tried to login and can't. I can reach the login window which accepts my password . . But then nothing but as series of panels. I'm posting this from my tablet.
We have a similar problem in our household with Specifically 2 Lenovo Laptops, the upgrade did not affect any other PC's or Laptops except the Lenovo's, and we are running AVG anti- virus, NOT Avast.

Reaction score
Thank you. I reach command prompt, then the following appears:
microsoft window [version 10.0.17.17134.1].
Not enough memory resources are available to process this command
X:\windows\system32>
You need to let us know exactly where you are. You are using Method 2 and was able to get to the command prompt option?

You tried to change the directory by entering C: and you got the message?

Reaction score
After series of upgrades done by micro soft I can no longer access any msg's in an e mail or switch from one site to another. The message received is "awaiting response" which never happens.

Reaction score
I am in London UK. I tried using method 1. I don't have access to another pc etc for method 2.
Good Morning David, We have had success in re-installing Windows 10 and all updates up to the latest from a Windows 10 re-install on an 8Gb Flash drive on one of our Lenovo Laptops yesterday, without losing any data, and all seems to be working well.

Ask a Question