Windows 10 Upgrade

Reaction score
just had to say that I have a hp p6340f desktop running oem windows 7 home premium and held off upgrading till now so they could fix a lot of problem of the first launch of win 10, did not have one problem upgrading to build 1511, all my software still works and all so far I love it .thinking of doing a clean install but I use Microsoft word processor alot so I am going to do a clean install of windows 7, and reinstall win 10, then I hope I can save a system image of that for a new recovery disc so I will still have all my favorite programs from win 7. is what I want to do possible before I try ? thank you

Reaction score
Hi , welcome to the forums.
If I understand, you will reinstall MS office and you own programs in the newly installed Windows 10?

If you do that, Windows 10 is registered with MS on that motherboard, and, from then on, you will have no further need for the original dvd key, as Win 10 does not use it
Windows 10 does make backups, as in previous OSs, but the more efficient way, imo, is to get hold of a free image program, an as soon as you are satisfied with your new installation, make an image of it. After installing you software, make another image. It takes very little time (maybe 15 or 20 minutes) but can save you a lot of future headaches.
One I have use successfully, and is relatively simple , is this:

http://www.todo-backup.com/download/

Ask a Question