Windows 10 won't come out of Sleep Mode

Reaction score
This issue is really frustrating me and I never had any problems with my laptop prior to installing Windows 10. I have a HP Envy that is only 11 months old. I installed Windows 10 not too long ago and now I am experiencing issues with the sleep mode function. I have tried many other suggestions in power troubleshooter and other "fixes", but nothing is working.

Here's the issue. When my laptop enters sleep mode, I cannot wake it up. The keyboard is unresponsive with the exception of the backlight key. No matter what I do, I cannot wake it and this includes Ctrl + Alt + Delete. The power button remains lit, but the screen remains black and will not wakeup. The only way to fix this is to hard reboot the laptop by holding the power button down until it shuts off and then reboot it.

Anyone have any suggestions before I start calling Microsoft and HP to discuss this issue. I would rather find a fix here then spend hours on the phone troubleshooting with a tech rep.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. If you need additional information, please let me know.

Tony

Reaction score
Same problem on a new Lenovo Yoga 900 with a twist. If no external monitor is hooked up, the system sleeps normally and the power button "blinks" as normal upon sleep. It will start up when the power button is pressed. HOWEVER, if my external monitor is hooked up via USB-c port, the sleep mode is never properly entered when selected from the power menu; the power button is still lit (not-blinking), but the internal/external screen are off and the keyboard is dark and unresponsive. There is no possible recovery except by pressing and holding the power button down for several seconds to force a complete shutdown. After shutdown, the system can be started normally with the power button. Yes I figured out that the yoga screen must be raised for the power button to be active, which I assume prevents inadvertent startup when the system is closed such as when you are traveling with it.

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my Yoga 900 but not b/c it's hooked up to an external monitor. At least half of the time it sleeps and is completely unresponsive (including ctrl+alt+delete). I have to do a hard reset and restart. Fortunately the computer has a quick start up time, but it's completely annoying. I took it to Geek Squad who worked on it for hours. They said it has something to do with the malware on the Lenovo Yoga 900 that interferes with Windows 10.

I really do not want to get a different computer as this is only a month old and ... the hassle, oh the hassle.

Reaction score
So, what is the answer to your problem(s)? My Windows 10 go in sleep mode after idling for a while. In order to wake it up, I have to be patient . It takes 1 to 2 minutes sometimes. Frustrating. I dunno how to fix the problem.

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my Yoga 900 but not b/c it's hooked up to an external monitor. At least half of the time it sleeps and is completely unresponsive (including ctrl+alt+delete). I have to do a hard reset and restart. Fortunately the computer has a quick start up time, but it's completely annoying. I took it to Geek Squad who worked on it for hours. They said it has something to do with the malware on the Lenovo Yoga 900 that interferes with Windows 10.

I really do not want to get a different computer as this is only a month old and ... the hassle, oh the hassle.
Solution to Lenovo Yoga 900
Uncheck the box Allow the computer to turn off this device (UMDF HID minidriver). Go to Device manager, Lenovo VHID Device, UMDF HID minidriver, power magement tab

Ask a Question