SOLVED Windows 10

Reaction score
I have just downloaded Windows 10 at the end it asks me to ask Cortana a question it keeps flashing off and on, I can't even see programmes or get on to the net,anyone else had this problem my lap top is totally stuffed can`t even shut it down without pressing the off button HELP do I need to take it to a computer professional

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds like explorer is crashing.
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard combination to launch Task Manger
Find Windows Explorer and right click and end task
Now still in Task Manger use the file menu to run new task and type
devmgmt.msc
hit enter or click OK
In Device Manger expand display adapters, right click your display adapter and choose uninstall, if prompted choose to also remove driver(s).
Restart your computer
You can use the Power Icon after using Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard combination again. Should be in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Reaction score
Have tried what you said but when I get to display adapter it doesn`t give me uninstall, any suggestions please, I really need my laptop, is there a step thats missed out

Reaction score
I am not sure at what stage you are getting stopped in the installation process, but there should be an option to turn off Cortana, which, I think, may be the problem.
But,
Try this:

In the same screen that Trouble indicated, Type Services.msc.

Scroll down and disable these two services

Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support
Windows Error Report Service

If you are not familiar with this,, double click each item in turn, and you will see the option to change from manual to disabled.

Restart the computer

Last edited:

Ask a Question