Windows 10

Reaction score
somehow, windows 10 downloaded without asking me and it did so during an upgrade. My computer was fast with windows 7 and now is very slow with windows 10 and I do not like it at all and feel like I have been betrayed by the download without my consent. How do I get rid of it and get window 7 back?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Generally speaking, all things considered, Windows 10 will out perform any previous Windows Operating System on the same hardware.
There are a lot of things going on post upgrade which can slow your computer down a bit, sometimes a lot, and it takes a while before all those things get sorted and things settle down and then even still the system could probably use some good house keeping as well as a manual defrag or two, but.....
Far be it from me to attempt to change your mind.
Click the Start Button and select settings, click the Update & security icon, and select Recovery from the left column. You should see an option to roll back to your previous OS.
I would strongly recommend backing up any and all critical data along with creating a disk image of your entire hard drive before proceeding.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Ask a Question