Windows 8.1 change to 10.0 - bugs on installation and reversion to 8.1

MBA

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing but problems moving to Windows 10.0 - displays are screwed up, Microsoft making it difficult to use your default programs and attempting to force you to use their programs. On attempt to revert to 8.1, dual displays software no longer functional (IOGEAR DisplayLink) and Acrobat Reader not functional, can't reload any programs or drivers, says it can't find necessary files and I should contact my system administrator - oh, right, that's me - I guess they mean take it to a shop and pay someone to repair the damage done by switching to Windows 10 and attempting to revert.

Went from having a fully operational system to a completely inoperable one in one evening after wasting hours. Strongly advise users to avoid "upgrading" until this is version of Windows is stable. Actually, I strongly advise users to avoid upgrading - period. The "recommended" installation agrees to sending Microsoft everything about you and your system, which you don't find out about until you select manual installation and have to unclick many, many boxes to avoid the information being sent. They also try to switch you to their version of applications, so much for maintaining your personal settings, eh? Further, they keep sending you reminders to install Windows 10 with no option to say "No thanks and stop sending me notices." All in all, Windows 10 seems like a cynical attempt to gather more and more personal information and continually restrict your program options as a user, kind of what we've come to expect from Microsoft.

Reaction score
I take it from that you are not a great fan of W10.
Hope you did a backup before upgrading. :)
I have upgraded 5 PCs to W10 and wouldn't want to go back.
There were some minor problems which i have found away around but that was to be expected.;)

Ask a Question