Windows and taskbar are now beige.

Reaction score
My windows and task bar have suddenly assumed a beige instead of the normal grey colour. I have restored the default colour enhancement setting in graphics properties but nothing has changed. I have recently installed a new monitor, and it was all working normally for weeks. I have rebooted, switched off and on, removed and replaced the cable. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Capture colour again.JPG
    Capture colour again.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 589
Reaction score
Looks normal to me? So a possible monitor problem.

But, try Settings - Personalisation. - Colours.
Scroll down, and turn off (or choose another colour) 2Show colour om Start.....etc.

Reaction score
Thanks davehc, but I did try that option, and many others. Strangely enough it returned to normal without any explanation yesterday, but today it has reverted to beige again. I have had family look at it just to prove I'm not crazy, and the difference is obvious to them.

Reaction score
Could you have a look at this. It is a copy of you snip, as I see it. Tell me if it is beige there.

Untitled.png

Reaction score
No. The snip displays as the normal grey colour but I rebooted earlier and...viola, everything was as per normal. If things go 'beige' again I'll plug in another monitor. At least that may eliminate one possibility.

Reaction score
That has happened on my system a couple of times. I tend to think it is related to an update but the problem always resolves itself fairly quickly.

Reaction score
Looks more like what we used to call alabaster - sort of a beigy gray.

Ask a Question