Taskbar Not hiding/unhiding properly after Windows 10 Anniversary Updates

Reaction score
After updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and all the available Windows 10 updates after that, the Taskbar doesn't hide or unhide properly on top of Full size applications.
Now when any application is in full screen or I maximize it to full screen, and you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen, the Taskbar doesn't come up any more. It worked perfectly fine before the Anniversary updates.
I have gone into taskbar settings and checked and unchecked the hiding of the taskbar, but it doesn't make any difference. The taskbar will not appear on top of any full screen application as it did before the updates.
If I partially re-resize the application screen by clicking on the maximize button, the taskbar works fine again, but as soon as I maximize the application again to full screen the taskbar doesn't work properly and doesn't come up on top of the application as it should.
I have been waiting to see if Microsoft fixed this problem in subsequent updates, but the haven't and the problem still persists.
Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Ron have you tried turning ON "Lock the taskbar" in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.

Reaction score
Ron have you tried turning ON "Lock the taskbar" in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.

Yes I have multiple times without success.
I just tried it again after your post, and it still doesn't work.
Thanks for the thought.

Ask a Question