How can I change taskbar color to Windows 7's light grey?

Reaction score
I have neck problems (disk herniations). At work they have changed my operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. With Windows 7 I managed, but since the change my neck has been bothering me a lot. Maybe the problem is the dark taskbar colors Windows 10 has (now it's the only difference between both desktops). I have tried changing the taskbar colors, but they're all really dark! So, please, how can I change the color into Windows 7's light gray? It's very urgent. Thank you.

Reaction score
Thjis might help.

Settings - personalisation - Colours
Pick a colour from the display and, under the chart, switch to ON -"Show colour on ..etc"
Then, in the next option, "Make start..etc.", try it in both the on and off positions.
I just experimented with the light grey (Third down far right) and it looked pretty good.

Reaction score
In Settings or right-click a blank area of the desktop, choose Personalize. In Colors on the left you can choose an appropriate shade.

Reaction score
Maybe my post confused you. It was in answer to a spam post preceding mine, which was deleted by a moderator. I think the op may have got the answer, two years ago, in my post #2

Reaction score
I just figured the thread got re-opened by the OP but never could figure out the "enquirer" part.

Reaction score
It is an old post.
Still might be of use to someone.

Ensure the monitor brightness controls are set correctly.
Windows 10 settings.
As stated by others, try picking a bright color box in the Windows color swatches.
Next, ensure transparency effects is turned off. That will brighten taskbar a little.
Ensure "Show accent color" is turned on for start, taskbar, action center.
IT at work is usually behind in Windows 10 updates for compatibility/security reasons.
If by some chance your company has upgraded to latest Creators Update,
you can try the extra feature called "Custom color".
Adjust the slider to the right anywhere as long as the text "This color is not supported"
does not show. Click on "Done" to save the setting.
It will affect the color on the start menu though.
Too bad Microsoft does not have any idea that some people like the taskbar to be a brighter value. :(

If nothing above has helped, try this:
If your IT department lets you install a start menu program,
use Classic Shell, or one of the new names for it Open-Shell. One can set options to have the regular Windows 10 menu show,
and be able to change the color/brightness of just the taskbar to anything you want. :)
Custom Accent Color.png
Classic Shell taskbar settings .png
Custom Accent Color.png
Classic Shell taskbar settings .png
Custom Accent Color.pngClassic Shell taskbar settings .png taskbar text.

Ask a Question