Possible to change number of items displayed in taskbar Jump Lists like in Win7/8?

Reaction score
In Windows 7 and 8 we could change how many items would be displayed in the taskbar Jump Lists by simply right-clicking the taskbar and go to Properties, click the tab that said Jump Lists, and there you could set a number for it.
That tab doesn't exist in Windows 10, and I can't find an option for this anywhere else...

This is bugging the crap out of me since I love having links to tons of things pinned to various programs that I in turn have pinned to the taskbar. WITHOUT this eating up all the space so that Recent Items and other things can't also show.

To give you and example.
Steam allows you to see recently played games in a "Recent" list when you right-click the Steam icon in the taskbar.
You can also pin games to a "Pinned" list.
There is also setting that allows you to change what links will be shown when you right-click the taskbar icon.
(Links such as "Store/Settings/Exit" etc.)
This is what my list looks like when I have told steam to show every link possible:
bOI6Gb6.png

And this is what the list looks like when I have disabled all the links:
VvEG5DT.png

See how I can ONLY see my Pinned games in the second picture, because in the first picture, ALL the Jump List space is being eaten up by the links, so there's NO ROOM left for either Pinned or Recent games to show.

Please tell me that someone knows of a way to change this in Windows 10.
It's bugging the crap out of me, and it's so annoying that settings like this can't be allowed to just STAY...

Reaction score
There used to have a registry editing to do that, but MS has stopped that by removing the Start_JumpListItems entry.

As of now, it's hard code in current version of Windows 10. No way to change the number.

Reaction score
There used to have a registry editing to do that, but MS has stopped that by removing the Start_JumpListItems entry.

As of now, it's hard code in current version of Windows 10. No way to change the number.
Aaah!
This is unbelievable!
Why would they intentionally remove this!?
Just WHY..?

Ask a Question