Windows app hanging or freezing

Reaction score
Hello,
I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I'm encountering some issues. Anytime I try to open a few commands such as adjust screen resolution, settings app, calculator app or other similar commands. the screen freezes, I can't get out of it without hard shut down. cntrl+shit+esc or cntrl+alt+delete, or win+f4 or any command would not work. only hard shut down with the power button. it opens the blue window and freezes, see attached picture
However, if I need to troubleshoot or sign in options or other features through setting, it freezes, but if I type for example sign in options in the search and access it through search results I could without freezing.
I tried scf scannow, wsrest, regedt, powershell command to reset apps, cmd commands to restore health etc. all kinds of solutions but nothing worked. I uninstalled win 10 and back to win 7 then reinstalled win 10 and still have the same issues. Updates to win 10, troubleshoot etc
Lastely, I tried troubleshoot and fix apps in the troubleshooter, I got 2 messages that are not fixed:
1st signing to microsoft : not fixed
2nd hanging or crashing apps not fixed
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Attachments

• 222.JPG
    222.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 5

Ask a Question