SOLVED Windows Credentials

Reaction score
I just happened to check windows credentials today and noticed on Dec 20 (last MS update) a generic credential was installed or modified "virtualapp/didlogical" with a user name and password? Should I be concerned or is this a MS Windows credential manager?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 778

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone has one that is similar.

Capture.PNG

No idea, what it is or what it does.
It's their sandbox..... they just let me play in it.

Reaction score
I did some research after posting apparently it's a harmless MS thing. But, no one seems to know much about it or its purpose. It could very well be linked to our PC Windows 10 registration?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Who knows.
I'm getting used to being treated like a mushroom by Microsoft.
Not that I like it, just that I'm getting used to it.

IF it wasn't for the fact that it is and endless and perpetual learning experience, which constantly keeps my brain alive and to some extent.... me entertained, I would have switched to Linux Mint MATE a long time ago.

Reaction score
It is harmless, and has been around for many years.

Some time ago, I queried it. There were many guesses as to its intention, but nothing conclusive
I seems it is a credential that is stored when you use any of the Windows Live products, including Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Sign-In Assistant, and a few other Microsoft services.

It is safe to delete the entries, but, if you are using Windows Live or any other Microsoft services on a regular basis, or Microsoft and partner items from the store. It is not recommended - They will, in any case, be recreated when you again use them.

The rather poor solution, it is said, is to uninstall Windows Live products and look for alternatives, there is absolutely no reason to do that, for security or otherwise.

Reaction score
Dave/Trouble Thanks for your input. I also read that you can safely delete it but it will just reappear if you use any MS apps. I just don't understand why MS are so secretive, a simple explanation would remove the fear factor.
I will leave as found and not worry about it. It was the username and password they use that raised my concern.

Ask a Question