SOLVED Windows Defender

Reaction score
I see on a regular basis that Windows Defender is downloading definition updates. When I click on settings "View update history there's no listing for the Defender definition updates. Could someone please verify and reassure me that I'm running the latest Defender update version, see att. Thanks!
Capture.PNG

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Are you checking the update from the system setting or Defender settings. Under system settings for updates, those definition updates are never listed there. To check the defender updates you have to check under the defender settings.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks pretty much the same as I'm seeing here

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Bass Fisher Trouble
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure if I should see Defender definition updates in System Settings Update & Security "View Installed Update History" and being a new user to better and improved Windows Defender I just wanted to confirm the app was working as designed. I feel safer already. LOL

Reaction score
HI Norton,

click on "Protection updates" and it gives you a detailed list of what is current and when it was installed: ;)

protection updates.JPG

Reaction score
Wolfie Thank's!
Now that I'm more familiar with Defender I can now see what was actually staring at me. The problem was, I had no reference what the original definition was. Now I have a reference point, I can see the updates. Just got one now. Definition 1.257.201.0

Reaction score
upload_2017-11-7_16-33-13.png
You can see the date of the update if you go to ProgramFiles\Windows Defender folder.
double-click this file & it will look like the "old" Defender.
MSASCui.exe
Select the Update tab & there are the dates.

Ask a Question