Windows did it to me

Reaction score
LOL, yes.
Although we do have some genuine strange (& rude) place names.
https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/03/02/31-rudest-place-names-britain/ the one on page 2 is especially rude (beginning with ‘P’).

Reaction score
Question? Every morning Macrium does a "clone" - is this proper or should it do a backup?
Tnx for the link from/about the UK;-)

Reaction score
If you have created a schedule to create a clone every day then this will run.
You should delete this schedule & create one for an image.

I hope those place names made you smile.

Reaction score
Yes, Virginia, they did. The Brits usually have a dry sense of humour. My wife did not like Benny Hill and would cover her head whilst I was watching and I would hear an occasional giggle from beneath!
I'm going to try to get into the program and see if I can change it. Tried to get into Macrium and found NO way of opening the settings;-(

Reaction score
I’ll provide screenshots if required. It’s version 8 but the tabs are similar.
If it’s available over there check out ‘Are you being Served?’ It’s a situation comedy from the 1970’s & set in the Grace Bros department store, it’s full of innuendo & double entendres.

Reaction score
Again, thank you. I wonder if I should uninstall and re download and pay close attention so as not to clone (altho I don't know if that is a bad thing?)...
I did watch a couple episodes;-)

Reaction score
Here are the screenshots:
Macrium 1.jpg

Macrium 2.jpg

Macrium 3.jpg

Macrium 4.jpg

Reaction score
Wow! Too mindboggling for this ole prat
1631309262596.png
... Below is a snapshot I took but do not understand it
1631309262596.png

Reaction score
Note my new picture! Now what? Do I delete Macrium and then re-download it and try to get it do an image or is cloning okay?
Again, a BIG thank you for your help!

Reaction score
Nice.

Cloning is only good when you have a similar sized drive & you intend to swap drives should the main drive become damaged.
Imaging a drive will allow you to restore the image on the same or a new drive.
Imo imaging is the better option.
You can delete the scheduled clone & then start again with the image this drive option. If uninstalling is needed then use Revo uninstaller to remove it.
You would have to clean the drive which now contains the clone using diskpart otherwise it’ll not allow you to store the image on the drive as it’ll see that it’s the same Windows as it is imaging.
I can supply instructions on running diskpart.

Reaction score
WoW! Very complicated to say the least (head going farther down in the sand).
I have an older Seagate external hard drive with 452GB and 136GB used.
The SSD also is a 452GB with 160GB used. Don't know why there's more used on the internal hard drive...

Reaction score
Macrium will compress the image backups but shouldn’t affect the clone. Or is the older Seagate not the one you used for backup?

Reaction score
I’ll try & simplify:
A clone is like taking a photograph of the current state of your PC - all files, programs, apps, settings etc - and is stored like this & will not change unless you run the clone again where it will take another picture of the PC as it is at that moment in time. If the main hard drive containing Windows failed you would use the drive containing the clone & replace the faulty drive with this ‘photograph’/cloned drive.
An image is the same photograph but any subsequent images will contain the full photograph & any changes made since the original photograph was taken - if an object (program/file/etc) was removed or added then this will be reflected in the backup. To restore the image you would need to create the Macrium boot drive on USB or you can add Macrium to the Windows boot so you can choose to boot into Macrium Recovery, then you would choose the image you wish to restore & click OK.

Reaction score
Virginia, I think I will leave it alone. To uninstall and reinstall along with Revo is more than I want to go through so I think I will leave it alone and let it do it's daily cloning...
Cheerios or whatever you say;-)

Ask a Question