Windows Installation Error

Reaction score
I re-set my Laptop with Windows 10 64 as i was facing some issues.

After a while when it moved onto windows installation, it shut down unexpectedly and then on restarting i got the following error message: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

I tried the Shift+F10 route and now the installing windows screen appears again with 64% installed but suddenly restarts and so it's stuck in a loop

Reaction score
Are you trying to install from a USB stick or DVD?. Have you checked the files and have you used the USB stick or DVD on other installs?.

Downloading a fresh copy of Win 10 may help your situation?. :)

Reaction score
Recreate a Windows installation disk for your Windows 10,you'd redownload a new Windows iso file,then make a bootable disk.Reinstalling OS in this way rarely causes any errors.

Reaction score
Use Rufus to create bootable media
check the HDD for errors
try re_downloading the iso file
it might be corrupt

Reaction score
I have had this occur, in the past, due to a broken internet connection when the installation is looking for updates.
One thing I can suggest, which might(?) work
Open the device manager and right click the network adapters, both wireless and ethernet.
Right click them and select properties and then the "Power management" tab.
Check the first setting here is set to off - empty.

1590048951999.png

Ask a Question