Windows 10 installation stuck at windows logo(no spinning dots)

Reaction score
I had an old PC with windows xp in it and i downloaded windows 10 iso through
the media creation tool and i made my usb bootable through rufus, when i restarted
my PC to install windows 10 i saw that the windows 10 logo is stuck with no
spinning dots, as i have installed windows 10 several times on my friends PC,
while installing windows 10 there are spinning dots but here it wasn't there.
I waited but it didnt show up anything. I saw many forums but nothing helped
for me. I tried downloading the iso again but it was the same. Also the usb i
am usin gis being bootable on my friends PC so id dont think my usb has any
problems.

My PC specifications:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2
Bios: Award Software Version- F8 (I know my bios is old but how can i update it)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
RAM: 3GB DDR2

Thanks,

Reaction score
Did you do a clean install on the system or was XP still installed? It is an older system and shows no drivers for Windows 10. I many cases the Windows 10 drivers will work in order to allow certain devices to function, but not always. You might try unplugging any external devices and if possible, turn off motherboard devices you can so those drivers don't have to load, like Bluetooth.

Where did you get the License Key for Win 10?

Your latest Bios, from 2009, appears to be F10E which should be downloadable from the OEM. It may help but no way to know for sure.

Reaction score
I don't think you would need to install the latest bios. I've installed Windows 10 on an AM2 board with the factory bios (Athlon 64 x2 5000+). But, you never know. If you have the motherboard manual, there's instructions on pg. 54 how to update the bios through the Q flash utility. If you don't have the manual you can download it from Gigabyte's website (that's the English version). http://download1.gigabyte.us/Files/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ma69vm-s2_e.pdf

The bios download is at https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-MA69VM-S2-rev-10#support-dl-driver The bios downloads are toward the bottom of the page.

Ask a Question