SOLVED Fresh installation windows 10 realtek audio not working

Reaction score
hello everyone,

iam new here, and a bit frustrated with this problem and searching everywhere for its solution

first of all iam not IT expert nor to noob. What my problem is the Realtek High Definition Audio is not working after i reformat my computer. I dont know this help or not but my old operating system HDD is dead by stop spinning and i replace it with new SSD. After install fresh copy of windows 10 the sound is not detected like always. So i try installing seperate audio driver from motherboard website and from realtek itself. Still no luck. From my little bit knowledge and internet what i found is when i disable onboard lan the sound works normal, but when i enable onboard lan the sound driver will not start to working at all and leaving with code 10 error in system device under device manager.

From my diagnose what can i found
-Boot Linux using pendrive the sound and LAN is working well.
-Disable realtek LAN in Bios will make the sound works normally in windows but no LAN adapter
-Enable Realtek LAN in bios will make the sound driver not working in windows
-Reinstall windows 10 ISO from either download windows tools/optional may 2019 update/august 2018 update doesnt fix the issue
-updating windows 10 to latest download doesnt fix the issue
-deleting driver and let windows installing automatically dont fix the issue
-new update i tried format to windows 7 and the audio and LAN working well so should i said that windows 10 is the problem for me

i dont know if my audio or lan onboard is damaged or not but using in linux those two clearly works together without problem so i assume the hardware is ok.

btw my system is
i7 3930k
MSI x79 gd45
8gb ram
gtx 1070
240gb apacher SSD

i hope you guys can help me, i search everywhere and all the thread doesnt solve my problem. Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    52.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Could not find the exact MoBo that you noted above, but.....
I did find this one

Not sure if that is your MoBo or not and it's critical that you have exactly the correct identification including any associated Revision Number.

So.....
Two questions
1. Are you running the latest firmware (BIOS) version for your specific motherboard.
2. Did you install the Intel Chipset driver that likely supports all subsystems and buses

Reaction score
Could not find the exact MoBo that you noted above, but.....
I did find this one

Not sure if that is your MoBo or not and it's critical that you have exactly the correct identification including any associated Revision Number.

So.....
Two questions
1. Are you running the latest firmware (BIOS) version for your specific motherboard.
2. Did you install the Intel Chipset driver that likely supports all subsystems and buses

Thanks for reply, appreciated that.
-yes i already update the latest BIOS from MSI.
-yes i already install all of them

Btw i found the solution already but still maybe if someone know the issue can point out something to me at least i learn something out of this.
Seeing that my ethernet adapter listed in BIOS as UEFI realtek ethernet adapter is related to the the partition that i made to SSD. Before changing to SSD my old HDD which i install the window 10 with register key is MBR. After changing to SSD i only install windows 10 as UEFI partition. but formatting to windows 7 and ubuntu probably is MBR. Reformatting windows 10 in MBR partition solved the driver issue i face. Both my Audio and LAN adapther works fine as intended.

some question, does UEFI partition has this some sort of issue before to others? And i already install install the Intel Chipset driver that likely supports all subsystems and buses the problem still persist in UEFI partition. I dont really mind to use in MBR partition but just want to know what is actually wrong. Thanks again.

Hope someone that face the same issue as me could solve yours.

Ask a Question