SOLVED Windows Login Password Removal

Reaction score
After I upgraded from win7 to win10, I thought I was configuring my Email account, but I was in fact creating a windows login password which I do not want. Sounds silly but I am not used to PC configurations. Could somebody please inform me how to remove this PW. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Right click at Start button > select RUN > in the Run box, type netplwiz > OK
In the next window, UN-check " User must enter username and password to use this computer " > click Apply/OK > follow the prompts to finish the change.

Reaction score
10 should come preset with this feature OFF.... When I rebooted in 10 I could not get into it at all... had to take my machine to the Geek Squad and restore to 7. As I have said elsewhere, I do not log into my refrigerator, my washing machine, my toaster, or any other APPLIANCE in my house. I expect my computer to turn on when I push the "on" button, just like any other appliance.

Reaction score
Right click at Start button > select RUN > in the Run box, type netplwiz > OK
In the next window, UN-check " User must enter username and password to use this computer " > click Apply/OK > follow the prompts to finish the change.
worked for me, Thanks davidhk 129

Ask a Question