SOLVED Windows not booting from any media

Reaction score
My PC refused to boot for a couple of days. I finally gave up and decided to do a clean install. I plugged in a USB with Windows installation ISO but even that is stuck on the infinite hamster wheel.
Windows RAM test came clean.
What can be the issue here?

Last edited:
Reaction score
No comment on the ram test. I am not sure how you did that?
But my thoughts go towards the Bios battery?

Reaction score
Battery been replaced today just in case.
RAM test been done as option 3 in Windows 10 ISO USB (win 32bit,win 64bit and at the bottom RAM test)

Reaction score
Oh Well! Don't bother about the computer problem then - You'll probably be dead in the next few days! Lol :D :eek:o_O
Anyway, no joke - see if a forum member has brighter idea.
I suggest that any potential helpers may need a little info on you computer: HD/SSD size, cpu Ram available...

One last - From where did you download or obtain the ISO?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess I will take the discussion to another thread as it is not related to Windows installation.

Reaction score
BTW I finally decided to not move my eyes from the monitor. After more than 20 minutes a BSOD screen appeared for 2 seconds with the message DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG.
A quick Google search and after changing SATA mode to IDE in bios the issue had been resolved.

Reaction score
I also licked the battery, it had a bitter taste so it should be still good.
the bitter taste does not say anything about the status of the battery. It is suppose to prevent kids from swallowing these batteries.
If you want to check the status, grab a multi-meter and test the voltage. Anything below the 3,0 Volt that is printed on it, is a reason for replacement. Those cells usually run about 3,3V when fresh and have a shelf life of about ten years.
Just FYI

Ask a Question