SOLVED Windows Resource Protection integrity violations.

Reaction score
I run "sfc /scannow" daily and find integrity violations 2-3 times a week. Is this expected? If not, how do I trace when/how the system files are being corrupted?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I have no idea it may just be everyday use. kind of like wear and tear on mechanical devices.
Try running twice in a row and see if it comes up with that again.

Reaction score
It is a new PC that I have had problems with since day 2. Still under warranty, but nothing definitive to be repaired.
I am running sfc frequently throughout each day to see if I can narrow down the cause or at least see a pattern.

Reaction score
like i said run sfc right after the first attempt and see if it still comes up with integrity violations do not do any thing while it is running scan and rescan right after first scan finishes.

Reaction score
I always run sfc a second time if errors are found and were resolved. I do this just to make sure. If sfc left errors unresolved, then I use DISM. After using DISM, I always run sfc to make sure everything did get cleared up.

Is this what you were suggesting?

Reaction score
I had just finished a fresh install for a friend. I have slways been fubiou about that command. Just out of curiosity, I ran it on my sparkling new installation. It found two integrity violations!

Reaction score
Chances are it was a one off.

I suggest you run "sfc /scannow" once a day until you are satisfied that you do not have an ongoing problem (no more or very infrequent integrity violations) or prove that an ongoing issue does exist.

Post your results, someone may find the information helpful.

Reaction score
Whilst things allnwork 100%;, Inhave no intention of doing that. I mainly posted as an example that users are worrying a little too miuch regsrding ths “integrity”
This is on an incompatible laptop. I suspect one, if not both, of the violations are connected with that.

Ask a Question