Windows 10 S Edition - Web Protection Query

Reaction score
Good evening,
I have a Windows 10 S laptop purchased this year. Today I checked the Windows Defender settings - Firewall and Anti-Virus is turned on but Web Protection shows "No Providers". There does not seem to be a provision to select or add any service provision to “defend” the Web. I am thinking that as the OS is an "S" version of Windows the protection may already be in place. Do Forum users know whether I should have some form of Web protection showing and if so, how do I turn this on or do I not need this service operating. I have attached an image of how the screen presents this information for reference. Kindly advise - thank you very much.
Windows 10S Defender.JPG

Reaction score
Don't know about the S version but usually installing a third-party software will take over most of the functions. I've not had any issue with Windows Security/Microsoft Security/Windows Defender. Some of the third-party have more than a user needs, think "bloatware".

Ask a Question