Windows Sign-In

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I recently started having this tiny issue where in my log in/sign in screen after I restart my password I can not type the letter p, and only the letter p. Everything else functions accordingly and when I log in I can type said letter, however my password has P in it and I’m inconvineanced typing my secondary password or what ever it’s called.
Does someone know what might be the problem?
Thank you very much in advance!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No idea, but.....
Are you using and english language default configuration?
Does striking the "P" key on your keyboard produce any character or space at all or does it just not function? You can see the results by using the "eye" icon in the password box.
Can you use the ease of access icon on the login screen and evoke the On Screen Keyboard and does that process result in the same problem with the "p" key?

Reaction score
Also, what type of KB is it?, if it is a normal PC KB, turn it upside down and give it a good shaking to see if you have any food crumbs etc. in there!. A small brush (soft) can also be used to clean between the keys as well!. :)

Reaction score
No idea, but.....
Are you using and english language default configuration?
Does striking the "P" key on your keyboard produce any character or space at all or does it just not function? You can see the results by using the "eye" icon in the password box.
Can you use the ease of access icon on the login screen and evoke the On Screen Keyboard and does that process result in the same problem with the "p" key?
Yes exactly the same thing happens when I use the onscreen keyboard. And no it's default English keyboard :/
And as soon as I log in the problem with the letter P is no longer there as you can see I can type it perfectly :D

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND
IF it does produce a character please let us know, which one other than "p" is substituted.

Reaction score
That's Strange! If "p" is in your log in password, and the key wont produce the letter "p" how are you logging in?

Reaction score
I believe that, what you are describing is the PIN password option.

You aren't attempting to type your password into the box that might be requesting your PIN are you??
Of course I'm not trying to type in my password in my PIN thing. But the problem has actually gone away now. I sadly have no idea what caused it, or how it fixed it'self. Thanks for the responses!

Ask a Question