Windows Stop Code

Reaction score
For the second time since the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, on 2 occasions I have received a PC stop command from MS that says "Your PC has stopped and we are collecting information, restart when complete" On both occasions it has been when I've clicked on a YouTube video link that a member of my forum has posted. Any ideas, as I can't seem to find any info on the MS help site other than do a clean install. That's not going to happen. I don't normally watch YouTube videos as they are a good source for transmitting malware. BTW I don't have any Adobe Flash Players..installed. Maybe that's my problem?.

Bif

Reaction score
Watching YouTube videos a good source for malware???..HTML5 is the YouTube standard and is very secure unlike the security issues with Flash.
As for your initial question, I've no idea what might be the problem.

Reaction score
Tried the link a second time the results are below. The link wouldn't open and I didn't receive the stop code?
Browser used Firefox.

Attachments

• Video.txt
    150 bytes · Views: 1,169
Reaction score
Hi,

You did not include the error code.

Please see these two sites for possible error codes:

WIN32

NTSTATUS

Maybe you can find the fault at one of the above MSDN sites.

Reaction score
Are you, by chance, using "AdwCleaner". This is a known popup from the program and regarded as spam.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Tried the link a second time the results are below. The link wouldn't open and I didn't receive the stop code?
Browser used Firefox.
I copied and pasted your URL from your text attachment into IE and the Video opened and played fine.
AS far as Firefox goes.... IT used to be my favorite browser, but I gave up on it a while back when both Chrome and IE incorporated flash player into both their browser offering.
Apparently Firefox has something called "Project Mortar" in the works and will shortly be doing the same.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/chro...e-chrome-s-pdf-and-flash-plugins-508832.shtml
SO, I may give it another try once they do.

Reaction score
Yes I do have AdwCleaner installed but seldom use it. The first time I encountered this issue I didn't have AdwCleaner. There's no error code. Just a blue screen with text that says something like"
"Your PC has Stopped Responding
We are collecting data to help resolve issues
Restart when complete.
The only way I can restart the PC is to power it down. I checked the event log and this is the only event logged at the time the stop Command was executed. I believe trouble is correct and it may be a Firefox issue.
It's not a big deal as I seldom watch video links that folks post or send me. I'm just curious as to what the issue is.

Attachments

• Event log.PNG
    Event log.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,350
Reaction score
I just tied the video again in Firefox. It said the htnl5 video can't be found? Opened the link in IE same thing.
Tried MS Edge and it worked fine?

Reaction score
Edge, as you know, has no, or did not a while ago, have any add-ons (Adwcleaner, for example)) Just for the test, disable the program temporarily and try again.

Reaction score
Dave AdwCleaner is not a browser add on, I downloaded it to program files and keep the shortcut it in my cleaners folder. I seldom run Adwcleaner, It's one of those programs that's available to me if I run into problems.
Edge does allow add-on now, since the 3194496 cumulative update I think as Firefox is my go-to browser. Edge add-on are limited. The only add-ons I have in Firefox and Edge is Add Block .

Reaction score
Understood. So, AddBlock?
It could very well have been ABP that blocked the video in Firefox. When the link first opened a pop-up was was looking for advertising permission, then I got the Blue screen stop command.

Ask a Question