Windows Store Broken??

Reaction score
I am unable to get apps (even free ones) to download from the Windows store. The store app appears to work properly until I select an app to download/install. When I then check downloads and updates, I see the apps I've selected, and they show "starting download", and have done so for the last couple of weeks. I seem to be unable to remove the apps from the queue, as well. I had decided to give up on the windows store, until recently when I needed an extension for Edge, and that's the only place I can get it. I have a valid MS account, and use it at windows logon. Microsoft even tells me there is nothing wrong with the account. WSRESET.EXE appears to do nothing for the problem, nor does it clear the queue. I suspect some of M$ updates may have caused this problem, as I usually have to fix broken sleep or hibernate after almost every update. All other parts of windows appear to be working fully, and I am having no problems with any 3rd party software.
HELP, please.

SYSTEM:
ASUS ROG GL552VW w/ 16gb DDR4 mem 1TB HDD, 500 GB SSD
64 bit Windows 10.0.10586.713

Reaction score
I have the same problem and have been looking for a solution since October of last year. Dozens of Microsoft "experts" have offered advice, but nothing worked. I am still waiting, but no longer hold my breath! I have spoken to Microsoft support personnel several times, also to no avail. I have pretty much given up on using the Store. Good look and let me know if you find a solution.
Donald

Reaction score
At least you get an error code. I don't get ANY error codes, and Event Viewer shows no problems related to the Windows store program. Like you, I've spent a few hours talking with the Micro$shit "experts", and have jumped through all their hoops with no improvement. I've given up on the Windows store. I've used Windows since 3.1, and I am absolutely SiCK of paying to be a beta tester. Sad thing is, the Store worked perfectly when I first started using it (Win 10 was bundled with the laptop). It was only when Micro$hit started sending out their updates that it broke. Previously, I always had autoupdates OFF, and would check the forums about a week after the updates came out, and then pick and choose the updates that I downloaded. Noo, can't do that now with Win 10, since Micro$hit is more interested in making more $$ off their users with their data collection/advertising than they are in producing a decently functioning product.

Reaction score
Donald, your post earlier today made me want to revisit this problem. While I haven't had time to try it yet, I found some info I hadn't seen before. I feel certain that you've tried the first two options on this site, but I don't know if you've seen the last option they list here. I've tried something similar with the Windows Store cache folders, and that didn't work, but I haven't tried this one.
http://www.windowscentral.com/fix-pending-apps-windows-10-store
It'll be tomorrow evening before I have time to try this. I'll repost if it works.
Bob

Ask a Question