Windows wont let me change my desktop backround (settings are hidden or managed by your organisation)

Reaction score
I've had this issue for months now and i have spent HOURS altogether watching YouTube videos and browsing multiple websites on how to fix this issue and absolutely nothing has worked. I've tried all the ways via gpedit.msc, regedit and entering commands. I've even tried deactivating windows and activating it again. I feel like my issue is very obscure and I cant find the cause of it for the life of me. I would be really appreciative if I could get some help. Keep in mind I only get this issue for desktop backround, my lockscreen backround works perfectly. Whats also unusual is that my backround at the moment isn't a default Windows wallpaper, its just a black colour. I attached what my error looks like below.
Annotation 2020-09-06 130701.png

Reaction score
I'm definitely not in s mode, I have chrome installed and many other programs outside of the microsoft store

Reaction score
Have you tried going into the personalise -high contrast. and, if it is on, turn it off.
Ditto, in themes, change the default windows mode to Light.

Reaction score
Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :cool:

Reaction score
Are you running the latest version of Win 10?. :cool:

Yes i am

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It might be worth your while to configure another "new" local user account, as a member of the local administrators group, temporarily just to check to see if that account has the same issues with respect to personalization or other issues you are experiencing.
Sometimes such issues may be attributable to some corruption within your user profile and not more broadly with the overall Windows installation.

Ask a Question