Word Processing

Reaction score
Does Windows 10 have a basic word processing programme, like the old Microsoft Works? Surely it must but I can't find it. I've downloaded my old Office Home and Student 2007 but now there's a glitch in that, it keeps coming up with "temp environment variable" and when I manage to get past that, it refuses to save anything. So - I thought there must be a basic programme on 10 but where????

Reaction score
No. But it has Wordpad, which has limited functions but would be suitable for many.

Otherwise, if you google for Free alternative for Office, you will find quite a number.

I love playing with new and unknown programs, and, in the is context, I have just discovered Free Office

http://www.freeoffice.com/en/

This is very straight forward, without any complications., and quite fast to load

If you want one which is 100% compatible with windows 10 or Office, Ableword is the one to go for..

Ask a Question