WOW..... just wow!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Microsoft’s official comment(s) are below:
Do you actually have a link to an official comment page to a Microsoft site.
I've read what someone has "reportedly said" but I haven't seen anything official.

To me, something smells fishy.
Nothing from Gabe Aul nor Terry Meyerson who's blog said
*If already running Windows 10, you will receive the November update according to your Windows Update settings. If you’re running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can take advantage of the free upgrade offer and receive the November update as part of your Windows 10 upgrade.
SOURCE: http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...-major-update-for-windows-10-available-today/
Which is apparently no longer the case.

So..... if you'd like to believe that somehow all the previous fist bumping, happy dancing, hype over the release of and absolute necessity of upgrading to the "November Update" with all haste to experience the greatness that is Threshold 2 has now been walked back to......

Ho-hum, "you'll get it", "we are rolling it out in stages" and my favorite "Microsoft hasn't pulled the Windows 10 November Update" when they obviously have...... and there isn't more to the story..... WOW... have I got a bridge offer for you.

Have you read the forum posts that begin with " ever since I installed the November Update.......???

Reaction score
From reading most of the posts on the forum "ever since I installed..." I remember back before the dawn of time in the mini-computer software dev world when random bugs for random users could all stem from something like a single uninitialized variable deep in the kernel somewhere. Some people never affected. Sometimes it would set off a chain of problems, sometimes a single problem and so on...different every time.

Or some module gets a memory allocation which for efficiency reasons is not pre-zeroed and then doesn't initialize it itself. Ask me how I know!

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes.... was reading that last night during all the hub-bub.
Still nothing "official", so I'm still waiting for something from Gabe Aul or Terry Meyerson.
As to why they are now walking back the hype.

I suspect there is more to the story, but I also suspect that we will not ever know the full story.
As to them, now wanting to assure that upgrades are now processed through the Windows Upgrade process "rolling it out in stages", that is laughable. Since in effect, that would effectively prevent clean installs except for those of us who would convert their install.esd files to ISOs.

Gotta be more to it.

Reaction score
Well I use Macrium Reflect so MS can do what they want to. I make an image daily. It takes ~7 minutes and can be restored to a blank HD or SSD. I do it daily as I do not use System Restore.

Reaction score
This is the same BS that infuriated me, when MS stated Windows 7 SP2 would never be released. I can understand if they think it is too early to release a new build, but eventually they will have no choice. Especially considering Windows 10 is to be the last Windows ever released.

Reaction score
This is the same BS that infuriated me, when MS stated Windows 7 SP2 would never be released. I can understand if they think it is too early to release a new build, but eventually they will have no choice. Especially considering Windows 10 is to be the last Windows ever released.

The next major update will probably be Redstone sometime next year.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've decided that this is all they need to point to, to perhaps explain their recent decision to remove the ISOs from the two principle resources.
If it’s been less than 31 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, you won’t get the November update right away; this will allow you to go back to your previous version of Windows if you choose. After the 31 days have passed, your PC will automatically download the November update.
SOURCE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-faq (about the Windows 10 November Update)
Which I think means..... if you force the update using an ISO it will remove your option to roll back to your previous version of Windows and will only support rolling back to the previous build, which makes good sense.
NOW....
It would be nice to know if, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 machines that update using the 1511 ISO to upgrade their machines also suffer the same consequence and for some reason they are also unable to Roll Back to their previous versions of Windows if they perform the update in this manner.

Reaction score
You know what the means though @Trouble? That means anyone yet to upgrade to Windows 10 will have to keep a pre1511 build for 30 days before they move forward. All because they couldn't get their hands on 1511, and couldn't force the 1511 update. That is backward thinking on MS part if that is indeed their line of thought.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe that your ability to roll back Windows 10 to whatever operating system you upgraded from (Win7 or 8.1) is limited to 30 days and not "anytime"

Bif

Reaction score
Rollback to 7 or 8 after upgrade to 10 was limited to a month from the day you upgraded.
Unless this changed...

Reaction score
If you have the install media, you can, of course, reinstall your earlier OS at any time. The problem lies with the key. I don't dare try it, but, I would imagine that possibly, at the start of the installation, it will accept your earlier legit key (For 7 or 8 or whatever). From then on, I haven't read any reports of what will happen. Possibly you will end up with an OS which says it is activated, possibly not. One thing I think is possible, though is that at some early stage, your OS will become non activated

Reaction score
Just got around to reading another couple of posts here, which came in today. There can be another built in catch here. innocent buyers may have read that you can downgrade, within one month, if you don't like Windows 10.
Well understood. No ambiguity there.
But, if an unsuspecting user buys a new computer (or s/h) from an enthusiastic helpful dealer, who has already updated from the Windows 8.1 machines he is trying to flog, the buyer may find that the one month has already passed.

Reaction score
So the bottom line is do nothing for now hopefully not too many are having problems.
I have got the November upgrade on four PCs and all are o/k. ;)

Reaction score
They had better watch out.!!!!

I am not, by any imagination, a Linux user. But, on prompting, I just downloaded their latest ISO. (15.10)

You can install this on a bootable USb or DVD. When you boot up to your chosen device, It offers to install or run a "Live " copy.
I did the latter. This is very good I am impressed!!

Ask a Question