Xbox - A specified logon session does not exist

Reaction score
I keep getting the message a specified logon session does not exist. It may have already been terminated. when it try to sign in to xbox to play microsoft solitaire. Any ideas on how to fix it ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not tried this solution myself, but others have found that doing the following works:
  1. Close all Xbox apps
  2. Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker in file explorer
  3. Delete all files/sub-folders in that folder
  4. Restart computer and login

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue with the same error message but the above solution did not work for me. I'm logged into my Microsoft account on my PC but I can't seem to log in to my Microsoft account anywhere else... not through the Microsoft Store or the Xbox App. I just bought the $1 trial for the Xbox Games on PC thing and I can't even log into anything to try it out. :(

Regedit32

Reaction score
I imagine this thread is dead given the date of last posting, but the error message pookie & mester are getting to me would imply a Network Access policy for the non storage of passwords or credentials has been enabled. Disabling that policy would likely sort this issue.

Alternately, they could press the windows key once then type credential manager into Cortana's search box and press Enter key, then scroll the list of credentials and delete the one related to the activity they are attempting to perform when the error occurs, i.e. in the case of the OT post, delete the credential related to Solitaire, and the case of mester, delete the credential related to signing into their x-box account.

Ask a Question