Your Phone - Link To Windows not working

Reaction score
Has anyone found the secret to getting the Your Phone - Link to Windows App working correctly?
Looking at the number of posts in other forums saying they have problems there is clearly a major issue with this App. It's a pity because it used to work quite well before recent Windows updates.
Basically my phone (Samsung A515) will connect to Your Phone on my PC and I can see the headers of Notifications on my PC. If I try to read Messages or access Photos or open Desktop Apps it says I need permissions and asks me to click on a link to send a permission request to my phone. It never arrives. I don't see any permission request. Also it doesn't say what permissions are missing nor how to enable them.
The response from MS is always to ensure that your phone and PC Apps are at the latest version (they are). I suspect there is a major bug in this App, yet others seem to suggest that it does work. Hopelessly confused.
Winver: 21H1 19043 1237.

Reaction score
For me it worked fine a while but after a couple of months it simply would not connect even though I was properly logged into my accounts. The bigger problem was getting rid of the stupid application . From both, the PC and the phone.

Reaction score
I found the App to be quite useful when it worked (at first). It was convenient to transfer photos from my phone instead of using a usb cable. MS seems to have enabled an "out-of-office" autoreply to everyone's complaints that simply says "make sure your software is up to date". There doesn't seem to be any useful troubleshooting advice nor will they say which Permissions are required. Strange.
Maybe everyone is focussed on launching W11?

Reaction score
I use a small APP, called "Vysor"
It essentially looks like your phone on the screen and it works just like you use the phone on its own.

Reaction score
Has anyone found the secret to getting the Your Phone - Link to Windows App working correctly?
Looking at the number of posts in other forums saying they have problems there is clearly a major issue with this App. It's a pity because it used to work quite well before recent Windows updates.
Basically my phone (Samsung A515) will connect to Your Phone on my PC and I can see the headers of Notifications on my PC. If I try to read Messages or access Photos or open Desktop Apps it says I need permissions and asks me to click on a link to send a permission request to my phone. It never arrives. I don't see any permission request. Also it doesn't say what permissions are missing nor how to enable them.
The response from MS is always to ensure that your phone and PC Apps are at the latest version (they are). I suspect there is a major bug in this App, yet others seem to suggest that it does work. Hopelessly confused.
Winver: 21H1 19043 1237.
I use it all the time and have had no problems, so far. Love that I can send SMS using my keyboard instead of the small one on my mobile phone. I do not use it for receiving or sending calls although they show on my screen when I am connected. The permissions may be for folders on your PC - check your User Account Settings, perhaps!

Reaction score
For me it worked fine a while but after a couple of months it simply would not connect even though I was properly logged into my accounts. The bigger problem was getting rid of the stupid application . From both, the PC and the phone.
How DO you get rid of the app? It has messed up my phone!

Ask a Question