SOLVED Phone Linking Missing From Build 16251

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently joined the Windows Insider program. I received the 16251 build yesterday. Once it was installed and my PC rebooted, I went into Setting but the Phone icon/menu is not there? Anyone know why?

Reaction score
I don't think I actually have the new build version. When I look at About My PC it says

Version 1701
OS Build 15063.483

I think this is my issue.

Reaction score
Sorry, my previous comment was definitely the issue. I had my Windows Insider Program set to Release Preview and not Fast. Changed it to Fast and now getting the newer builds.

Sorry.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had my Windows Insider Program set to Release Preview and not Fast
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated, as I was wondering what the answer might actually be.
I, like Tim Locke above, have the Icon as described.

Reaction score
It works. Took three goes to get it going one has to explicitly turn on the 'continue on phone ' app in the share menu. and then a couple of tries and it shares the website ( didn't try anything else) to my insider pC.

BUT...it shares to Edge not to the default browser which I consider a bug.

I will download Chrome to my phone and see what happens. I'll try to continue a mail message and see where it ends up...probably not in Thunderbird .

So for me, so far, not very useful. MS say it will work from an Ipad... I try it and again it takes two or three tries once one has downloaded the app.

On both the phone and the Ipad it is very slow to get started and asks for now or later and then asks for the destination...which is silly as there is only one Insider PC destination here.

Mail on the phone or ipad has no sharing icon neither can one share/send a picture from the camera roll or the saved photos

So far not useful at all.

Ask a Question