1709, 1803 issue

Reaction score
My laptop will no longer play HD streaming video since updating from 1703 to 1709. Video is choppy, pixelated and the audio is out of sync and the cpu is running in the mid 90% range while streaming. This was not an issue with 1703 and the processor was running less than 20% range while streaming and the video played flawlessly. The issue continues after upgrading to 1803 as well.
Local HD files play fine. My connection speed is plenty fast. All drivers are up to date. The machine works fine otherwise. I suspect that the issue has something to do with the new power management updates of 1709. My machine is behaving like it used to when it was in power saver mode and doesn't seem to act any differently when I move the slider from best performance to best battery life. I've also created power plans different power plans which don't seem to have any effect on my machine's performance. Anyone have any ideas?

Ask a Question