2020-1 Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.

Reaction score
1579105101463.png

Reaction score
Yes no issues with any of my 4 windows 10 computers, Maybe MS has finally figured out that they can't keep up crashing peoples computers every 1st Tuesday of the month

Reaction score
I installed all of these updates on my Windows 10 computer and the whole system is working fine. Finally, Microsoft launches its first set of updates that don't break your system.
I like how they created software that changed our life and then made it cumbersome but then again corrected their trajectory.

Reaction score
So are you all installing 2004? There seem to be many issues on other forums with this latest Feature upgrade?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Don't know about "you all", but I've been running it (as an upgrade not a clean install) for a few weeks now and it seems pretty stable and relatively nuisance free.

I suspect that the "issues" are likely to boil down to some unique hardware or particular software or a combination of the two.
As is the case in my experience with most previous updates / upgrades.

As always I imaged the system prior to taking the leap. Fortunately, so far so good, but....
As they say, Your mileage may vary.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Check your Defrag and Trim, lots of people have found that defrag does not remember the last time it ran and the tool does not recognize SSD's but see them as hard drives.

Reaction score
Don't know about "you all", but I've been running it (as an upgrade not a clean install) for a few weeks now and it seems pretty stable and relatively nuisance free.

I suspect that the "issues" are likely to boil down to some unique hardware or particular software or a combination of the two.

As always I imaged the system prior to taking the leap. Fortunately, so far so good, but....

View attachment 11862
Yes, I have images, still going to wait a while before installing this one. I usually run a repair install with the latest MCT for Feature upgrades.

Reaction score
I always do a image, before install, and being a Insider, then if i have issues, i post feedback. So far NO ISSUES, and none of my Clients have called with issues. Most of my Clients have OEM - Dell, HP, Toshiba Desktop and Laptops and Surface Tablets .

bassfisher6522

Reaction score

View attachment 11862
Same for me.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check your Defrag and Trim, lots of people have found that defrag does not remember the last time it ran and the tool does not recognize SSD's but see them as hard drives.
I don't know if this is a continuing problem, a new problem or a recent resurgence of one we've seen in previous builds including, I think, in some Preview Builds

Capture.PNG

I can run it and it appears fine, but when I shut down and restart it always goes back to "Never run".

In checking known issues I see no mention of this particular problem
As of
Current status as of July 22, 2020
IDK if that means Microsoft isn't aware of OR doesn't care

I saw one brief and somewhat opaque mention as to Defrag being "buggy" in what they call the "Feedback Hub"
Which I've kinda decided is something between a Black Hole and and Elephant Graveyard where issues go to die.

Reaction score
This seems to be pretty much everyone, its a known issue on another Windows 10 forum and reported many times. So far MS doesn't seem to care. As you mention it was in the preview build and continues. I have Trim and Defrag running automatically so haven't upgraded yet and probably won't until this is fixed.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Patch Tuesday is just around the corner....maybe MS will have it fixed in this patch update.

I went back to 1909 and it's working quite well......OS and MS trim.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm still not overly optimistic.
The article was written Wednesday and said "later this week".
It's Friday evening and they aren't famous for Saturday fixes, so I guess we'll see.
Maybe patch Tuesday on the 8th?

Reaction score
I just did an upgrade install, guess what I don't seem to have the issue? My C drive SSD showed it needed to be optimized I ran it and it shows the date and time it was last Optimized?

Nope on a reboot, it lost the date and time of the last optimization. No worries I have auto Optimize turn off.

Last edited:

Ask a Question