SOLVED 2020 Edge can't pin web page to Start Menu

Reaction score
Hi, I hope somebody can help. My Windows 10 laptop has installed the new Edge Browser for 2020. It is Edge number 80.361.66, 64 bit. On the old Edge I can go to the more icon (....) at the top right, then More Tools, then Pin To Start. Now on this new Edge there is no Pin To Start. How can I pin a web page to my Start Menu. If I cannot pin a web page to my Start Menu, what's really the use of the Start Menu. I have always had folders on my Start Menu with pages pinned. Now I can't. Can anyone help me? Cheers.

Reaction score
No idea why, but it seems the facility has been withdrawn. What I do, as a fallback, is pin it to favourites - pretty much the same thing(?)

Reaction score
No idea why, but it seems the facility has been withdrawn. What I do, as a fallback, is pin it to favourites - pretty much the same thing(?)

Thanks for your quick reply Davehc. Well, it looks like I'm stuck with a bad new feature of Edge. It was so awesome to go to the Start Menu, and see my Folder Icon, click it, and all the appropriate web pages came up as tiles. Now I just got to go back to the old system of Favourites; so bad.
It seems to really now make the Start Menu obsolete.
Take care... Cheers.

Reaction score
Don't give up. Posts like these do get through to MS. Perhaps they will put the feature back again.

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I'm stuck with a bad new feature of Edge. It was so awesome to go to the Start Menu, and see my Folder Icon, click it, and all the appropriate web pages came up as tiles.
Welcome to MS.
Don't give up. Posts like these do get through to MS. Perhaps they will put the feature back again.
I'm not holding my breath on any of the complaints I've had.

Microsoft is notorious for taking things away, when you get settled in and enjoying them. That is what happens when their company is built around selling change.

I don't know about you, but I see a pattern forming here. It is the death of live tiles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to MS.
I'm not holding my breath on any of the complaints I've had.

Microsoft is notorious for taking things away, when you get settled in and enjoying them. That is what happens when their company is built around selling change.

I don't know about you, but I see a pattern forming here. It is the death of live tiles.

Thanks Clifford. Your web links were good reading. Looks like I won't see my Start Tiles much longer !! Take care, and cheers.

Reaction score
It's interesting, I can still drag the icon on the left end of the URL to the desktop as a shortcut but the only choice in dragging that shortcut to the Taskbar gives only a choice to Pin to Edge, not to Start or Pin to Taskbar as other shortcuts have been.

Reaction score
A month ago when I posted on the thread. Maybe I didnt spot it, or maybe it has been added since.

You need to open the menu ( The three dots) aand select "Apps"
You then install the site as an App, on the start menu
Right click the App (Now in the menu) and select the option you need
You can left click and drag it as a link to the desktop also.

Reaction score
@davehc Thanks Dave. This is cool, now I can put the pages on Start Menu again. The only prob with this is .. it now clogs up my Apps list !! Grrrrrr ..
Also I found that after I put the web page on the task bar by going to More Tools, I can right click it on the task bar, then right click again the link that comes up, and also this way put to Start too.
Thanks Dave. Take care ... and cheers..

Reaction score
No Prob and tks. Mind the kangaroos - they might also be carrying the virus lol.

Reaction score
@davehc I will certainly mind the Kangaroos .. I gotta drive back to Wagga tonight, and it's dusk and dawn they are out. But I will keep my 1.5 meters distance !! Plus I like your profile icon .. Take care .. Cheers always ..

Ask a Question