SOLVED 8Gadgetpack : A new Version has been released

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have they ever patched the security flaws with the gadgets. Way back in Vista.....MS told everyone to delete them because of the security breach.

Reaction score
This has been marked as Solved, is that true? What a spoiler if true, I just downloaded and installed.

The weather gadget seems to work on Windows 10 Insider Preview Version 1903 Build 18999. the latest.
1570759113328.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yeahhhhhh....somebody did it. So hows the rest of the pack work?

I never liked the gadgets back then....so I'll pass.

Reaction score
If it is only the weather gadget needed, the built in App is OK. I think it runs from the "Accuweather" engine.
Reading the many web comments, it seems it is the same program for which the MS warning came, but with a Windows 10 installer and, naturally, improved graphics. I read (havn't tested) that some of the gadgets do not work , and others are flakey. My own preference is to only install clutter that I would need to use frequently - The weather is one such

1570775094743.png

Reaction score
Was just responding to the request, may test more as time permits, pretty well tied up with family visiting new few days.

Reaction score
I tried the new version and the only weather gadget that actually works for my area is the " MyWeather " gadget. All other can't even find my town or won't connect at all....
@davehc
The build-in indeed uses accuweather, however that one is always off for my town. Wunderground has been more accurate for me but this won't work with the gadgets (no connection)...
Gonna try "myWeather" for a while....

Reaction score
I put 8GadgetPack on one of my IP computers and the latest update yesterday uninstalled it, says it won't work with the version.

Ask a Question