Version 1903 "...when you're ready for the update...."

RBC

Reaction score
When I check for Windows 10 updates, a message states "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, The next version of Windows is available with new features and security improvements. When you're ready for the update, select Download and install now".

I have a HP Envy 360 with AMD processor. Exactly what do I need such that my computer will be "ready for the update"? Is it additional hardware or drivers, and if so, how do I get them, do I have to pay for them, etc.? Microsoft's verbiage is too cryptic to be of any use.

Reaction score
same message I got o one of my laptops as well. Last month I was told by WU that I wasn't ready and now I am even though I have not changed a bit on that machine, see here:

Of course if you see the "Download and install now " in the update section, you can click on it and it will install the latest version 1903.

Reaction score
Of course I can't guarantee it, but I think you're save to move up to 1903. Worst case scenario is you could revert it back if you had to. I got the same message with my 10 year old netbook and 9 year old laptop. I manually upgraded both of them with no issues. Again, that doesn't mean you won't have issues. My guess is they may think there will possibly be a driver incompatibility or something. My guess is you'd be fine.

RBC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, but my attempt to download Windows 10 version 1903 was again unsuccessful. After going to Settings, Check for Updates and clicking the link to download Version 1903 (as described in my initial post), the computer spent about 40 minutes "Getting Things Ready" after which it displayed "Downloading", gradually rising to 99%, after which nothing happened (well, at least for 2 hours). Surely there's a way to get Version 1903 downloaded. I just need info on what additional hardware and/or drivers I need to get installed to make the download/install of this update work properly.

Reaction score
Also try downloading the windows update trouble shooter it will repair the` problems and fix it so the update will install. The my post update 1903 and good old blue screen.

Reaction score
Any idea how much bandwidth it consumes for 1903 update.

Is it better to start update before going to sleep.

Reaction score
I run a wired network and my system run 118 mb so most of my downloads are fast. Te install take just about 15 plus minutes after it is downloaded. I for all my updates at night just be for going to be so I can keep track of them. I have 4 systems and aim adding another, 3 laptops and two desktops All but one run 10 pro 64 bit and the one has Home 64 bit.

Ask a Question