SOLVED Update to Win 10 version 1903 stopped at 99%

Doc

Reaction score
Was downloading until 99% when it stopped. Cannot finish.
It downloaded 100% of prep then it started downloading the Version 1903 until 99% . The installation never came up.
Any suggestion ?

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, click "Update and Security", "Troubleshoot" in the left column, then "Windows Update" on the right.

Ben

Doc

Reaction score
I downloaded and, this time it completed 100%.
The installation completed without problem.
Did not have to use Update Assiistant.
Thanks,
Doc

Reaction score
The couple of times I have seen one stop at 99%, I used ncpa.cpl in a run box to disable and then re-enable the network adapter. After that, it completed.

Reaction score
Was downloading until 99% when it stopped. Cannot finish.
It downloaded 100% of prep then it started downloading the Version 1903 until 99% . The installation never came up.
Any suggestion ?
First of all, you need v1809 to upgrade to v1903, you can't upgrade from v1803 to v1903.

Go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to get the v1903 and do this:

1. Create Windows 10 installation media (go to the same link as above)
2. Or go to "Download tool now" (this is the 'MediaCreatioTool1903.exe) its about 18.4MB
3. Important: Backup all your system files and folders that you need, so you don't lose any vital data and photos etc
4. Do a clean install of Windows 10 and activate windows accordingly with your Microsoft Windows Key or email and password etc

Hope this helps. cheers.

Last edited:

Ask a Question