Win 10 version 1803 update issues using MT4 trading platform

Reaction score
Help!! Since this latest 1803 update when using any of my MT4 trading platforms i cannot access the indicators folders, as soon as they are accessed and the icons populate the folder shuts down & totally disappears, the same thing happens when i access the Experts folder although Templates & Profiles appear unaffected. Any constructive thoughts welcome! Thanks, Tony

Reaction score
Help!! Since this latest 1803 update when using any of my MT4 trading platforms i cannot access the indicators folders, as soon as they are accessed and the icons populate the folder shuts down & totally disappears, the same thing happens when i access the Experts folder although Templates & Profiles appear unaffected. Any constructive thoughts welcome! Thanks, Tony

Further investigations show that in fact any folder on the PC containing software with a .Ex4 extension appears to be the cause of the problem, even the smallest of folders containing this type of file will cause that whole folder to shut down which correspondingly causes all desktop and toolbar icons to blank out only to repopulate a few seconds later, so in other words if a single folder say a zipped folder contains a single Ex4 file, once the zipped is double clicked to open then 3 to 5 seconds after the double click that folder shuts down causing all desktop etc icons to disappear for a few seconds. I have tried copying said folder to my spare Win7 equipped PC in order to establish that all is well when run on the Win7 PC and yes all`s fine there. This is baffling.

Reaction score
Hi Trader Tony, I am having the same problem and noticed .ex4 files are causing the crash.
Have you managed to find a work around as yet?

Regards
Amin

Reaction score
Hi Amin

Great to hear from you, regrettably no i havn`t found an answer although it is at least good to hear that my pc is not an isolated case. I have lodged enquiries with technical departments of 2 brokers but they also have no idea at this stage, for me there has been no time for research this week but i may have some time tomorrow, i`m certainly eager to find the answer and will let you know if i come across the req info. all the best Tony

Reaction score
Hi Trader Tony, I am having the same problem and noticed .ex4 files are causing the crash.
Have you managed to find a work around as yet?

Regards
Amin

Hi Amin
I resorted to contacting microsoft tech help, after being escalated to second level several hours later having reinstalled windows 10 using a repair procedure the fault remained i then copied all my personal info from the pc so that they could do a factory reset on my pc which has now cured the problem apart from several more hours of toil to get my info loaded again. What progress are you making?

Ask a Question